Sunday, May 30, 2010

Add To The Mix...

Folks,
It has been so long since I have updated the blog, I do apologize! My schedule has been really busy lately; continuing to help Richard with the renovations, enjoying being here in Ottawa and grand parenting and most recently starting a contract to do a review of a government IT project.

Our renovations have progressed to the point where we have all of the flooring materials needed to complete the upstairs bedroom floor replacement and the Ceramic tiles are now on hand for the basement Reno. New exterior light fixtures and a new sink and faucets for both bathrooms have been acquired and await installation! We finished the tops of the fence posts in the back yard since we decided against changing the fence top line. We got the masonry work that needed to be done completed on the exterior of the house and are well in line to complete the projects towards "Go For Sale" day!

As for staging, I have purchased or re purposed loads of curtains, curtain rods, bedding and linens to stage the upstairs bedrooms as a family like to see them and my favourite subset is the small bedroom that I am staging for the pleasure of my granddaughters! At a garage sale yesterday I got an antique, small dresser that Richard will spray paint for their room, to match the bed headboard and foot board that I got at another garage sale. Fun! Once the final bedroom floor is complete this week, I will be able to unjumble the upstairs and finally set the stage for the sale. Then we turn our attention to the Banister installation on our stairs and the basement Reno.

I have found some amazing sales recently: 12" x 12" ceramic tiles for 50 cents a piece (we needed 770 of them!), nice lighting fixtures for the basement for $4 each (need 8), exterior lights for $10 each (need 2) and some great garage sale finds for staging.

Some side projects I have to complete: an upholstered bench and headboard for the master bedroom, two roman blinds from fabric I acquired in South Carolina, re-upholstery of one chair and restoration of another antique desk chair...just need time time time now!

As I go I will include some pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment