Sunday, August 23, 2009

enjoying life....


Rudy adores Brooklyn (and Payton too)









Payton and Richard constructing with blocks while Brooklyn soldiers on...



Well this past week marked my one year anniversary of retirement from my government job and what a year it has been. As I reflect on it I am reminded that I finished my Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution just before retiring, and enjoyed greeting a new grandaughter at that time too (last June); we spent last summer in Kingston, the fall in Ottawa and the winter in Florida! We returned to embark on caregiving of my two grandaughters as my daughter went back to work to cover the time before we leave again for the sunshine...

We have decided to sell our home in Ottawa, perhaps in favour of some land and a new house construction, or restoring an older home out of town. Our plan is to find a place where we can have all our toys parked near us! Timing is everything and we are in no hurry since we love our home.

Last week we had lots of fun with Payton and Brooklyn...look at the photos! Next week is the big move for them into the big house and the last week of summer vacation for Payton.
















No comments:

Post a Comment