Friday, December 18, 2009

Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo!


Richard loves Gumbo and I love my Crock pot (and Richard too) so I am making one of the gumbo recipes from the Coastal Living Cookbook. It is a great cookbook and was an early Christmas present for me!
The recipe in the book is not for a crock pot so that is my experiment! I haven't made the roux yet and that is a hard part from what I gather ...getting it just the right colour of brown...that I will do in my fry pan later on when the other ingredients are crock potted to perfection (I hope :-)!



This is what it looks like in my crock pot...shrimp, sausage, spices, hot sauces, veggies, stock (I made my own) and various ingredients that should make it great! We shall see...I may have to move this one to my Danish cooking blog...which is okay since a Dane cooked it! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment